Check out the Roku streaming player lineup with better performance, extra dominance and more value than ever earlier! From now we’re delighted to claim five new streaming players, starting at a fair amount of $29.99 MSRP, that give clients who enjoy TV better ways to connect to the interesting they like. In adding, we’re revealing the current version of our performing system, Roku OS 8.
First up: the new streaming players by Roku!
Roku Express and Roku Express+
These are the best streaming players for prime-time streamers or as a combining to another room in your home. The second-generation Roku Express and Roku Express+ are 5x more strongest than their earlier version and begin at only $29.99 MSRP.
For standard TV proprietress, the Roku Express+ provide the same streaming knowledge as the Roku Express, with selection to connect via HDMI® or constitute A/V ports (red/yellow/white jacks). It’s obtainable for $39.99 MSRP exclusively at Walmart.
Roku® Streaming Stick® and Roku Streaming Stick+
Small, strong and transportable, and explicitly for those who are on the motion or want their streaming player concealed behind their TV, the Roku Streaming Stick provides exceptional HD streaming for $49.99 MSRP. Its quality is that it’s a quad-core processor and 802.11 AC dual-band MIMO wireless streaming device. And to prepare things even clear, it also brings with a new voice remote control feature that comes with buttons for TV function and volume to control suitable TVs and also for Roku Streaming Stick.
The Roku Streaming Stick+ bluster amazing wireless work with its amazing wireless receiver that is newly built into the power cord. This new model, at $69.99 MSRP, offers up to 4x the wireless range than the 2016 Roku Streaming Stick to curtail buffering. It’s awesome for HD, 4K and 4K, HDR up to 60 frames per second (fps) streaming devices. It also brings up with the twin new voice remote as the Roku earlier Streaming Stick.
One of the best, the supreme and specialty-packed player tender our best wireless performance and can stream HD, 4K and 4K HDR at up to 60 fps. Now at a minimum price of $99.99 only, the Roku Ultra provide you an Ethernet port for wired connection and micro SD slot which support in speeding up streaming channel loading time. With our new featured remote, you can charge up and change the volume on the TV, in addition, you can use voice to find your favorite TV shows. It also consists of a headphone jack for personal listening and a remote finding button that guide you find lost remotes.
This newly launched streaming device will be available for pre-order today from Roku.com, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon and other retailers, and are expected to be in stores on October 8. The Roku Express+ is available exclusively at Walmart beginning October 8. Customers who purchase a new Roku player will receive a $10 Vudu credit towards a rental or purchase (offer expires 10/31/17)!
Roku OS 8
Roku OS 8 delivers enhanced features that add convenience and value to Roku customer’s streaming entertainment experience. Select features are highlighted below – or click here to read the full list of features, enhancements and bug fixes included in Roku OS 8.
Seamless entertainment for Roku TV:
- Voice Control: Roku TVs now feature voice controls to make it easy to switch inputs, tune to a local antenna broadcast channel, launch a streaming channel and more.
- Fast TV Start: Allows a Roku TV to start quickly and launch a streaming or antenna TV channel in seconds simply using a voice command. For example, you can say “launch Hulu” and the TV will turn on and open the Hulu streaming channel. Or, say, “tune to ABC,” and the TV will turn on and tune to the local ABC station if an HDTV antenna is connected to the Roku TV.
- Smart Guide: An electronic program guide for Roku TVs that seamlessly integrates information for local broadcast TV via an HDTV antenna with streaming options allowing customers to search for, find and discover entertainment. The guide provides program information for local antenna broadcast TV channels from seven days in the past to up to 14 days in the future.
- Roku Search for Local Antenna TV: Local antenna broadcast TV options are now included in Roku Search results for Roku TV customers who use an HDTV TV antenna to receive free local broadcast TV.
- Private Listening for Antenna Content: Roku TV customers with an HDTV antenna connected to their TV can now use private listening to hear audio for local antenna broadcast content (as well as their streaming content) either using their mobile device via the Roku mobile app or through the headphone jack on the remote control on select Roku TV models. This feature is also available for streaming.
Quicker, easier access to content for all Roku devices
- Enhanced Voice Features: Voice search now includes natural language understanding and can search for movies, shows, actors and directors, or even launch streaming channels, in a more conversational tone. For example, you can say things like, “show me movies with Tom Hanks,” “launch Hulu,” or even more detailed searches such as “show me comedies with Will Ferrell.”
- TV Everywhere Single Sign-On: TVE single sign-on, available for pay TV customers, eliminates the need to log in to TV channels, such as Watch ESPN or FOX NOW, repeatedly. Customers who subscribe to Dish, Cox, AT&T, and hundreds of other providers will enjoy the convenience of single sign-on when using 30 TVE channels. More providers are expected to be added to the feature over time.
- 4K Spotlight Channel Update: The redesigned Roku 4K Spotlight Channel makes it easier than ever to find 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision™ content available on the Roku platform for players and TVs that support these standards.
Roku OS 8 will begin rolling out to Roku players in early October, and Roku TV models beginning in November. The software update is expected to roll out to all compatible Roku devices by the end of the year.